Saturday, May 11, 2013

TEACHER APPRECIATION GIFTS

I know many teachers, and when I ask them how they feel at the end of the day, the #1 answer is " I want to cry". So I wanted to give them something that would make them smile and follow those feelings. 


Super simple project.

Supplies:

1. some kind of jar with the amount you need. ( these spice containers are from +Dollar Tree  ) 
2. Some kind of Tags and ribbon to tie them with
3. A box or a cute way to hold your project ( the tags and boxes I used are from +PickYourPlum ) 
4. Candy 

Opt. Supplies:
1. Dish Soap
2. Vinegar
3. Tub/sink ( somewhere you can put the jars in hot water) 


Steps I took:

1. Filled my kitchen sink with warm/hot water and added the dish soap and a little white vinegar. Then added the jars into the mix. I let the jars sit in the water for around 20 min. before I pulled them out.

2. Once I pulled them out, those stickers would just fall off or where very easy to remove. Then I ran them through the wash ( just because I did add vinegar to the water) 

3. As the jars where cleaning I prepared the tags with the sayings I wanted on them.

4. By this time the jars where done in the dishwasher. I took them out dried them some if needed, then began to fill each jar with the different candies.   

5. Once that was done, I just added the lids and tied the tags around the jars, but them in the boxes. 

6. ALL DONE!! 


These where a big hit at my girls school. Mom loved it the most though because, it didn't cost a fortune ( all together I think I spent around $35 for 18 jars) and they where cute and simple. 

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!

Tell next time,

Cassi 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the teacher appreciation gift.

    ReplyDelete