Monday, March 18, 2013

Not so Cute Pattern W/ My Spin

I have a huge love for sewing and especially for making clothing (knit fabric is my favorite). When I was working at a sewing shop in Sun City,AZ named "The Sewin' Asylum" . This pattern came in and everybody just passed it by. So I decided to look outside the ugly fabrics they made them out of on the cover, and the way they styled it.

                                                             See&Sew Pattern #B5735



 This is my version and take on styling the dress pattern. I love floral patterns, so I used this knit floral
fabric that I also got from the shop. I also made the dress a little shorter, to give it a more shirt/dress feel.

Then I styled it with a thin emerald green belt, my new favorite chevron leggings, and plain black flats.

Since I made this first dress, I have probably made about two or three more each with a different twist. The possabilites are endless, if you just look out side your box (comfort zone).

Tell Next Time,
Cassi

Here is a link to the shop web page:

http://sewinasylum.com/   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cassi!
    I'm visiting you from NapTimeCrafter linky party. I've seen you're pretty new here on your blog, so I'm following you on GFC, G+ and bloglovin' ;)
    I love your floreal dress, worn with chevron leggings!
    MammaNene

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment, that does mean a lot. Yes this is all new to me, especially the social networking and all the ins and outs of the virtual world.

      Well I hope you check back every so often and see what is new. I have a Facebook page as well, and I am one person away to having 70 ( do you want to be # 70? :) ).

      Delete